Above: the Hong Kong Museum of History in Tsim Sha Tsui in Kowloon.
Canton Road in Tsim Sha Tsui
within walking distance of the MTR subway
is this Hong Kong Museum of History.
The highlights include:
- film clip about the Opium Wars,
- old cannons and cannon balls,
- traditional Chinese wedding scene and artifacts,
- Chinese cultural artifacts like lions used in lion dances,
- a life-size Chinese junk that Chinese fishermen used to live in,
- artifacts related to the period of Japanese occupation of Hong Kong during World War II,
- products manufactured in Hong Kong in recent decades, etc.
Next to this museum is the Science Museum
where there are some hands-on exhibits for visitors to try out.